The following digitized images are made possible through a gift given by Mr. and Mrs. Joseph E. Rogers and Mr. William A. Hendrickson in honor of the 90th birthday of Mrs. Ruth Wilcox Hendrickson, Class of 1925. Five hundred slides from the Fall River History Materials Project were digitized on five cd disks. Approximately 15-20 images from each disk have been placed on this server. As we acquire more space on this account, more images will be mounted at a later date.
Twenty-four of the one hundred images on this photo cd disk can be viewed below in Netscape.
1. Fall River National Bank 1889 North Main Street
2. Fall River National Bank 1889 North Main and Bank Streets
3. Fall River National Bank 1889
4. Fall River Savings Bank
5. H.A. Borden Block
6. Old Colony Enterprise Brewing
7. Lizzie Borden Home
8. Old Colony Brewery Label
9. Granite Block
10. Pocasset National Bank
11. Massasoit Bank on Purchase and Bedford Streets
12. OId Metacomet Bank on Bedford and Rock Streets
13. New Metacomet Bank before the 1928 fire.
14. Landmarks: Main Street, Lafayette Park, Fall River Line Fall River Courthouse
15. Fire Department Engine House on Eight Rod Way
16. Quequechan River
17. Quequechan River
18. Quequechan River Looking East
19. Central Street over the "Creek",
the Quequechan River Outlet.
20. Central Street Looking East, April 1921
21. Quequechan River Falls after 1928
22. Fall River - Geologic Cross Section Showing Granite
23. Beattie's Ledge Granite Quarry
24. Beattie Granite Quarry "Quarrying Granite"
25. Beattie Granite Quarry"Quarrying Granite"
26. Beattie Granite Quarry
27. Beattie Granite Quarry
28. Beattie Granite Quarry
29. Beattie Granite Quarry
30. Beattie Granite Quarry
31. Brayton Avenue (Granite Quarry?)
32. Fall River Granite Textile Mill
33. Fall River Water Tower
34. Old Granite Block, South Main Street
35. Early Granite Mill Fire
36. Landmarks: RR Station, Library City Hall, South Park, City Seal
37. Landmarks: St.Mary's Cathedral, City Hall, Waterworks, South Park
38. Landmarks: High School, Yacht Club Armory, Court House, Main Street.
39. Custom House
40. Medallion, U.S. Customs House
Designed by Gersham A. Whiting
41. Medallion, U.S. Customs House Cut by Gersham A. Whiting who came from England in 1871.
42. Medallion, U.S. Customs House Designed and cut by G.A. Whiting
43. Medallion, U.S. Customs House Designed by G.A. Whiting
44. Fall River Public Library, Circa
45. Fall River Public Library, Interior View of Lobby
46. Fall River Public Library Lobby
47. Fall River Public Library Lobby
48. Y.M.C. A. Building Circa 1910
49. Brown Building North Main Street, Corner of Pine
50. Water Tower
51. Water Tower
52. Court House and Registry
54. Baker's Drug Store
55. Old Granite Block, Main Street Circa 1844
56. Granite Block
57. Mellen House Hotel Later used as temporary City Hall
58. Savoy Theater
59. Savoy Theater
60. Wreck of Staples Coal Elevator
61. Staples Coal Elevator
62. Y.M.C. A. Building
63. Generating Station Fall River Electric
64. Dr. Clarke's Private Sanitarium
65. Women's Union (Rock Street?)
66. Old Gunn Mansion, Rock Street
67. Interlaken, Spencer's Borden's Residence
68. House of Art
69. Troy Store
70. Mohican Hotel
71. Armory on Bank Street
72. "New" jail
73. Pocasset Bank
74. Fall River Home for the Aged
75. St. Vincent's Home 1890
76. Fall River Historical Society, formerly Brayton House and Underground Railroad stop.
77. Secret staircase used for Underground Railroad.
78. Bowen House, 175 Rock Street Underground Railroad stop.
79. Fall River recruitment for Civil War photo taken on North Main Street.
80. Recruitment for Civil War (Detail from Mann Murals)
81. Recruitment for Civil War Detail from Mann Murals
82. Recruitment for Civil War Detail from Mann Murals
83. Recruitment for Civil War Detail from Mann Murals
84. Recruitment for Civll War Detail from Mann Murals
85. Fall River Civil War veterans.
86. Fall River Civil War veterans.
87. Fall River Civil War veterans
88. Fall River Civil War veterans
89. Names of Fall River Civil War veterans
90. Fall River Civil War veterans
91.Fall River Civil War Veterans
92. Black child in the South after attending Free School.
93. Black child in the South before attending Free School.
94. B.M.C. Durfee High School on Rock Street (Fall River granite.)
95. Fall River Public Library on North Main Street ( Fall River granite)
96. Fall River Historical Society
(Constructed of Fall River granite)
97. St. Anne's Church and Shrine (Constructed partially of Fall River granite.)
98. Peter Small, stone cutter
99. Fall River street scene, 1910
Boy at water pump Granite cobblestone street
100. Chateau sur Mer , Newport R.I. mansion constructed of Fall River granite
101. Rolling Rock in Fall River (Fall River granite)
to List of Level 3-4 Reading Selections
Return to Inclusion Page
Return to Making
the Keely Library Work for YOU
Return to Teacher Pages
Return to Critical Thinking
Return to Thinking Skills: Integrating Library Resources with Learning Objectives
Return to History Resources List
Jane Constant, Reference Librarian
Keeley Library, B.M.C.Durfee High School of Fall River
September, 1978 to June, 2001